Cauliflower Cheese Soup
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Cheese soup is one of those comforting childhood foods that you love your whole life. Spread the love with our Cauliflower Cheese Soup!
What You'll Need:
cup (1 stick) butter
cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14-ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 3 cups (12-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until well combined and browned; set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion, and pepper over high heat; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Stir in the butter mixture until the soup is thickened. Slowly stir in the heavy cream; mix well.
- Add the cheese 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the cheese is melted.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES