Cauliflower Cheese Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cheese soup is one of those comforting childhood foods that you love your whole life. Spread the love with our Cauliflower Cheese Soup!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14-ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup (1/2 pint) heavy cream
- 3 cups (12-ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- In a medium skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the flour and stir until well combined and browned; set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the broth, cauliflower, onion, and pepper over high heat; bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the cauliflower is very tender.
- Stir in the butter mixture until the soup is thickened. Slowly stir in the heavy cream; mix well.
- Add the cheese 1 cup at a time, mixing well after each addition, until the cheese is melted.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!