Chicken Noodle Soup
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr
- READY IN
- 2 Hr
Not only do those New York City delis make great sandwiches, but their soups are known to be pretty incredible, too, especially their chicken noodle soup. When we prepare it the same way they do, are we in for a real treat.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (3- to 3 ½-pound) chicken, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 celery stalks, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion, quartered
- 8 cups water
- 2 1/2
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups cooked egg noodles
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 1-1/2 to 2 hours, or until chicken easily falls off the bones.
- Remove chicken from the pot. Allow the chicken to cool slightly, then remove and discard the skin and bones and cut meat into bite-sized pieces.
- Return chicken to the pot, add the noodles, and cook over medium heat until heated through.
For chicken rice soup, add 2 cups cooked rice in place of the noodles.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
01 08 14