Chunky Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Chunky Potato Soup is hearty enough for lunch, dinner or any time you need a warming, satisfying soup.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-1/2-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 2 cups low-fat milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped (see Notes)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine all ingredients except cornstarch. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer 35 to 40 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
- Remove 1/4 cup liquid from soup pot and combine with cornstarch in a small bowl. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved. Slowly pour into soup and stir until well blended. Simmer 10 to 15 more minutes, until soup has thickened, stirring occasionally.
- For a change, go ahead and substitute a chopped leek for the onion. That gives this soup a classic potato and leek flavor.
- If you're looking for more hearty soup recipes, check out 17 Sensational Soup Recipes today!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.