Corn and Potato Chowder
- 7 cups
- COOK TIME
- 35 Min
- READY IN
- 35 Min
Corn and Potato Chowder is a farm-style chowder that's full of creamy corn and potato richness.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes (about 1 large potato)
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 2 cups chicken broth
teaspoon black pepper
teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 large or 2 small bay leaves
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 (16-1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (7-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender and transparent. Add potatoes, bell pepper, broth, black pepper, marjoram, bay leaves, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the paprika. Bring to a boil again then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove bay leaves and serve, sprinkling each serving lightly with paprika.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 25 13