Corn and Potato Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn and Potato Chowder is a farm-style chowder that's full of creamy corn and potato richness.
What You'll Need:
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups diced potatoes (about 1 large potato)
- 1 cup chopped red or green bell pepper (about 1 medium-sized pepper)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground marjoram
- 1 large or 2 small bay leaves
- Dash of nutmeg
- 1 (16-1/2-ounce) can cream-style corn
- 1 (7-ounce) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 (12-ounce) can evaporated milk
- Paprika for sprinkling
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, cook onion and garlic in butter over medium heat for 5 to 7 minutes, until tender and transparent. Add potatoes, bell pepper, broth, black pepper, marjoram, bay leaves, and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in remaining ingredients except the paprika. Bring to a boil again then reduce heat to low and simmer for 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove bay leaves and serve, sprinkling each serving lightly with paprika.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Make room burritos, 'cause there's a new contender in town, and they're going by the name of Tex-Mex Hand Pies! These creamy hand pies are stuffed full of Tex-Mex favorites like salsa, chicken and lots of creamy cheese. You're going to wish you had more hands.