Creamy Bell Pepper and Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Tomato soup never tasted so good! This version has been jazzed up with bell peppers and cheesy, creamy goodness. Once you try this soup, it will become an instant favorite!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14-ounce) can seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 2 (12-ounce) jars roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (1.37-ounce) package thick and zesty spaghetti sauce mix
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
In a blender, process tomatoes, broth, bell peppers, and butter in batches, until smooth. Pour into a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker. Whisk in sauce mix and sugar.
Cover and cook on LOW setting 5 hours, or until thoroughly heated.
Stir in half-and-half and ground red pepper. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese just before serving.
Yum-my! Don't try to save on calories and use milk or fat-free half-and half. These products tend to curdle in the slow cooker, and the soup's pretty perfect as is.