Creamy Chicken & Wild Rice Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The convenience of our supermarket rotisserie chicken makes for a wonderful, soul-soothing Creamy Chicken and Wild Rice Soup. This homemade comfort in a bowl can be on your table in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 5 cups water
- 1 (6.2-ounce) package fast-cooking long-grain and wild rice mix, seasoning packet reserved
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups chopped cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 (8-ounce) loaf pasteurized prepared cheese product, cubed
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can cream of chicken soup, undiluted
What To Do:
In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and carrots and saute 5 minutes, or until tender.
Add water, seasoning packet from rice, broccoli, and chicken. Bring to a boil then stir in rice; reduce heat, cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Add cheese and soup; cook 5 minutes, or until cheese melts, stirring constantly. Serve immediately.
We like to serve this with our Cheese Bread so we can sop up every last drop!
- Looking for more of our best rice recipes? Then be sure to check out our collection of Simple Rice Recipes: 29 Chicken and Rice Recipes, Rice Pudding Recipes, and More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you have a hard time deciding which Halloween candies you want to eat first, then you're going to love this recipe for Halloween Candy Bark. We took some tips from Dr. Frankenstein and created a bark made from an assortment of your favorite candy. The results are "monstrously" good!