Creamy Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one will believe this incredibly rich and creamy homemade tomato soup started with a can of crushed tomatoes! Let it be your secret ingredient to ladling up bowls of pure heavenly comfort!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.
No fresh basil on hand? Just add 1 teaspoon dried in place of the fresh. And make sure to serve lots of crackers with this soup (we especially like oyster crackers in it) or, even better, a homemade focaccia (Italian flatbread).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!