Creamy Tomato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
No one will believe this incredibly rich and creamy homemade tomato soup started with a can of crushed tomatoes! Let it be your secret ingredient to ladling up bowls of pure heavenly comfort!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil (see Note)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups (1 pint) heavy cream
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, combine tomatoes, sugar, basil, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and slowly stir in the cream. Simmer 4 to 5 minutes, or until heated through; do not allow to boil.
No fresh basil on hand? Just add 1 teaspoon dried in place of the fresh. And make sure to serve lots of crackers with this soup (we especially like oyster crackers in it) or, even better, a homemade focaccia (Italian flatbread).
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.