Creamy Vegetable Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
Creamy Vegetable Soup, vegetable soup, creamy vegetable soup recipe, vegetable soup recipes, recipe for vegetable soup, veggie soup, veggie soup recipe, veggie soup recipes, homemade vegetable soup, fresh vegetable soup, easy vegetable soup recipe, easy veggie soup, easy vegetable soup, simple vegetable soup
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions or scallions
- 1 parsnip, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and parsley, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Pure batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Heat until piping hot, and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Instead of chicken stock you can use 3-1/2 cups water and a packet of instant soup mix such as chicken, mushroom, leek, or vegetable. Sometimes I like to use 2 cups diced potatoes and 2 cups diced turnips instead of all potatoes. For a flavor change, add a pinch of nutmeg or dried tarragon, rosemary, or thyme with the parsley garnish.