Creamy Vegetable Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have extra veggies you don't know what to do with? Use 'em to make this quick and rich, Creamy Vegetable Soup. This homemade veggie soup will only take you 20 minutes to make and is a great way to use up leftover veggies!
What You'll Need:
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions or scallions
- 1 parsnip, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and parsley, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Pure batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Heat until piping hot, and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Instead of chicken stock you can use 3-1/2 cups water and a packet of instant soup mix such as chicken, mushroom, leek, or vegetable. Sometimes I like to use 2 cups diced potatoes and 2 cups diced turnips instead of all potatoes. For a flavor change, add a pinch of nutmeg or dried tarragon, rosemary, or thyme with the parsley garnish.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Set the table for a romantic evening with our recipe for Chicken Marsala for Two. This tender and flavor-packed dish is going to have everyone feeling the love. All you need to make it absolutely perfect are a few candles, a glass of wine, and some soft music.