Creamy Vegetable Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Have extra veggies? Just throw them together and get a presto creamy vegetable soup as rich and fancy-tasting as a "French gourmet" meal.
What You'll Need:
- 3 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups diced potatoes
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup diced onions or scallions
- 1 parsnip, diced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Chopped fresh parsley for garnish
What To Do:
- In a large pot, combine all ingredients except heavy cream and parsley, and cook until vegetables are tender.
- Purée batches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Return mixture to the pot and stir in the heavy cream.
- Heat until piping hot, and serve sprinkled with the parsley.
Instead of chicken stock you can use 3-1/2 cups water and a packet of instant soup mix such as chicken, mushroom, leek, or vegetable. Sometimes I like to use 2 cups diced potatoes and 2 cups diced turnips instead of all potatoes. For a flavor change, add a pinch of nutmeg or dried tarragon, rosemary, or thyme with the parsley garnish.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
These saucy, barbecue-slathered ribs will have you doing the two-step 'round the dinner table. We used baby back ribs to make our Texas Two-Step Ribs 'cause they're the sweetest and most tender of all the ribs, and who doesn't want to have the sweetest summer ever?