Fish and Rice Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Easy???!!! Just throw everything into a pot and let it cook. Now, isn't that easy enough?
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups raw mixed vegetables, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What To Do:
- Mix together all ingredients in a large saucepan or soup kettle; bring to a vigorous boil.
- Turn heat to low; cover and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender. If a thinner chowder is desired, add additional water.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
You can use any kind of fish fillets. You might want to try cod, haddock, or perch.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Native Americans cooked their corn right in the husks over an open fire, and we think their idea is still best, 'cause it helps bring out flavors you can only get from roasting. We love making our Husky Roasted Corn right on the grill in the summer, and in our ovens when it's cooler out!