Fish and Rice Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Easy???!!! Just throw everything into a pot and let it cook. Now, isn't that easy enough?
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/4 cups uncooked long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 3 3/4 cups water
- 2 cups raw mixed vegetables, cut into chunks
- 1 1/4 pounds fish fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
What To Do:
- Mix together all ingredients in a large saucepan or soup kettle; bring to a vigorous boil.
- Turn heat to low; cover and simmer gently for 15 to 20 minutes, until rice is cooked and vegetables are tender. If a thinner chowder is desired, add additional water.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
You can use any kind of fish fillets. You might want to try cod, haddock, or perch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!