Homestyle Beef Barley Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Quick-cooking pearl barley is the key to this incredibly simple homestyle beef barley soup that tastes like it simmered on the stovetop all day. Only you will know how quick and easy it was to cook up!
What You'll Need:
- 7 cups water
- 3 (10-1/2-ounce) cans condensed beef broth
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup quick-cooking pearl barley
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except the barley; cover, and bring to a boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the barley and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the barley is tender.
If you like this recipe, then you're gonna love our collection of 11 tasty and quick easy dinner recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.