Mexican Chicken Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
My south-of-the-border soup comes complete with its own crackers- crunchy strips of fried corn tortillas. The soup cooks in 10 minutes- just enough time to fry up the crispy strips!
What You'll Need:
- 2 (14-1/2-ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 large red or green bell peppers, cut into very thin strips
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced carrot
- 2/3 cup thinly sliced celery
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
What To Do:
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir in chicken, cilantro, and lime juice; cook until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, cut each tortilla into thin strips. Heat oil in a large skillet until hot. Add tortilla strips, and fry 3 to 4 minutes or until crisp. Drain tortilla strips on paper towels.
Serve immediately. Top each serving with tortilla strips.