Mexican Tortilla Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mexican Tortilla Soup is an unexpected treat when you're looking for a warming way to start your meal. Why, it's even hearty enough for a light meal all by itself or with a salad or quesadillas.
What You'll Need:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 cup broken-up baked tortilla chips
What To Do:
In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add chicken, bell pepper, and garlic and cook about 3 minutes, or until chicken is browned, stirring frequently.
Stir in chicken broth, corn, and salsa; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 5 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Stir in cilantro, ladle into bowls, and serve topped with tortilla chips.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.