Old Fashioned Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Relax as our Old Fashioned Potato Soup simmers stovetop, and look forward to the thick, rich-tasting result that is as wonderful as the original, but uses a today shortcut to make it even easier.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 cups diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 4 cups large-diced potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 1 carrot, coarsely grated
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried dillweed
- 3 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
What To Do:
- In a large saucepan, brown the onion in the butter. Add the potatoes, carrot, water, salt, pepper and dillweed.
- Cook on low until potatoes are creamy, about 45 minutes. Stir in the milk and parsley and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Stir in the potato flakes.
- If you'd like, add frozen peas or broccoli at the milk stage.
- If you're looking for more cozy soup recipes, be sure to check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes.
- Love soups and stews? Check out the many different ways that you can make beef stew!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Homemade soup that's this hearty is simply irresistible! Between the rich tomato broth and the cheese-filled pasta it's hard not to fall in love with Mama Mia's Tortellini Soup. So, grab your favorite bowl and your soup spoon, 'cause this soup recipe is sure to please!