- 8 Cups
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
For a hearty chowder you're going to want to take with you as you head out into the blistery winter weather, try out our easy recipe for Potato-Vegetable Chowder. The blend of vegetables will warm you up from the inside out, making it the perfect meal to heat up while you get cozy under a blanket on a blistery winter night.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
(32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash browns (4 cups)
- 1 (8-1/4-ounce) can sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saut� until tender. Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in 1 cup milk and the chicken broth until blended. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk, the broccoli, hash browns, and carrots; cook over medium heat 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, the salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
Embrace the use of convenience products! When combined with other tasty items, you'll have a winning recipe, such as this veggie chowder. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top of each serving for an extra-cheesy punch.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
02 05 13