We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 8 Cups
- 15 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
For a hearty chowder you're going to want to take with you as you head out into the blistery winter weather, try out our easy recipe for Potato-Vegetable Chowder. The blend of vegetables will warm you up from the inside out, making it the perfect meal to heat up while you get cozy under a blanket on a blistery winter night.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed
- 1/2 (32-ounce) package frozen Southern-style hash browns (4 cups)
- 1 (8-1/4-ounce) can sliced carrots, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
What To Do:
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion, and saut� until tender. Add flour, and cook, whisking constantly, 1 minute. Whisk in 1 cup milk and the chicken broth until blended. Stir in remaining 1 cup milk, the broccoli, hash browns, and carrots; cook over medium heat 7 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup cheese, the salt, and pepper; cook 5 minutes.
Embrace the use of convenience products! When combined with other tasty items, you'll have a winning recipe, such as this veggie chowder. Sprinkle some extra cheese on top of each serving for an extra-cheesy punch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.