Santa's Potato Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Enjoy the aroma as Santa's Potato Soup simmers on the stove, and look forward to the thick and rich-tasting result that is as wonderful as the original, but uses a shortcut to make it even easier. And save a bowl for the jolly man himself!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 4 cups large-diced potatoes (about 2 to 2-1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup potato flakes
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped roasted red peppers
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, brown onion in butter. Add potatoes, chicken broth, salt, and pepper.
- Cook on medium until potatoes are fork-tender, about 30 minutes. Stir in milk and continue cooking until mixture is heated through. Stir in potato flakes. When mixture is hot, spoon into bowls and garnish with scallions and red peppers; serve immediately.
If you'd like, add frozen peas or broccoli at the milk stage.
- Want even more potato soup variations? Check out our collection of Creamy Potato Soup Recipes: 7 Cozy Recipes for Potato Soup.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.