Southwestern Corn Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 4 Hr
Bring the Southwest right into your kitchen with this Southwestern Corn Chowder. The flavors and spice in this dish make it a favorite among all!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 2 (14-ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
What To Do:
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or on LOW setting 8 hours.
- Stir in cream. Using a potato masher, partially mash potatoes in slow cooker until chowder is desired consistency. Serve with desired toppings like shredded Cheddar cheese or coarsely crushed corn chips.
If heat is what you're after, mince a whole jalapeno pepper and toss it in the chowder mixture before cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!