Southwestern Corn Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Bring the Southwest right into your kitchen with this Southwestern Corn Chowder. The flavors and spice in this dish make it a favorite among all!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (20-ounce) package refrigerated diced potatoes with onion
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen seasoning blend
- 2 (14-ounce) cans seasoned chicken broth with roasted garlic
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whipping cream
What To Do:
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH setting 4 hours or on LOW setting 8 hours.
- Stir in cream. Using a potato masher, partially mash potatoes in slow cooker until chowder is desired consistency. Serve with desired toppings like shredded Cheddar cheese or coarsely crushed corn chips.
If heat is what you're after, mince a whole jalapeno pepper and toss it in the chowder mixture before cooking.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!