Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the best part about a comforting bowl of this spicy sausage and bean soup recipe? Could it be that it's so chock-full of hearty ingredients that it's an easy main-dish soup...meaning we don't have to make another thing for dinner?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15-1/2-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
I like this soup spicy, but if you prefer to use a mild sausage, or even turkey sausage, go ahead. Make it your own!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Turn an ordinary side dish into an extraordinary one with our recipe for Garlic Skillet Rice. There's a secret ingredient in this easy rice recipe that gives it a creamy and unforgettable taste. Your family will ask for this rice dish over and over again!