Spicy Sausage and Bean Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
What's the best part about a comforting bowl of this spicy sausage and bean soup recipe? Could it be that it's so chock-full of hearty ingredients that it's an easy main-dish soup...meaning we don't have to make another thing for dinner?!
What You'll Need:
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 pound bulk hot sausage (see Note)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 (15-1/2-ounce) cans Great Northern beans, undrained
- 2 (14-ounce) cans ready-to-use chicken broth
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage, onion, and garlic; cook for 5 to 6 minutes, or until no pink remains in the sausage, stirring frequently to break up the meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes.
I like this soup spicy, but if you prefer to use a mild sausage, or even turkey sausage, go ahead. Make it your own!
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This stick-to-your-ribs Tex-Mex casserole gets its name from the biggest ranch in Texas (and the world!) -- King Ranch! Our recipe for King Ranch Casserole is big on taste and sure to satisfy your gang's big appetites. With chicken, cheese, tomatoes, and more, there's no way you could pass on this Texas favorite!