Spuds 'n' Spinach Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
There is nothing better than a pot of homemade soup, and this one is no exception. It's highlighted by chunks of tender potatoes and vitamin-packed spinach.
What You'll Need:
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and finely diced
- 2 pints packages (9 ounces each) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- 2 cups (1 pint) half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, saute the onion and carrots in the oil over medium heat for 5 to 6 minutes, or until tender. Add the chicken broth and potatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Let mixture boil for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Add the remaining ingredients and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You'll experience pure bliss after just one bite of our Cranberry Bliss Bread. This homemade cranberry nut bread is so special-tasting, you might want to make a few loaves at a time to share with loved ones (it's a great homemade gift for the holidays!). When you're ready to enjoy your own, slather on some butter and let the goodness sink in!