Texas Steak Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 55 Min
Texans are known for liking everything big, including their steaks. That's why we like to cut the steak into large slices for this soup to give it hearty Texas body.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 pounds sirloin steak (1/2 inch thick), trimmed and cut into 1-1/2 strips
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 3 large potatoes, washed and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat and brown steak strips.
- Add onion and cook 6 to 7 minutes, or until onions are tender and steak is cooked through. Add remaining ingredients and bring to a boil; cover and reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 40 to 45 minutes, or until potatoes and carrots are tender. Serve immediately.
This is a nice chunky soup, but if you have any additional favorite vegetables, go ahead and add them, too.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Bake up a little bit of fall flavor with our recipe for Upside Down Pear Cake. This cake is beautiful enough to serve for any special occasion, and easy enough to make when you've got cravings for fall favorites. It's got an ooey-gooey and crunchy topping that's unbelievably good!