Beans 'n' Franks Chowder
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The Scandinavian and German heritages of the Midwest may each lay claim to this, but on a chilly night when you want something hearty in a jiffy ... all you really need to know is "thick, rich, and tasty" says it all! This'll warm your tummy, all right.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (16 ounce each) cans baked beans, divided
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
What To Do:
- Set aside 1 cup of baked beans.
- In a large bowl, mash remaining beans or puree in a blender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute hot dog pieces and onion in butter 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add undrained tomatoes, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup reserved beans and pureed beans; cook slowly 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup is piping hot.
This is easy and so thick - just great for dipping with crusty bread or toasted hot dog buns!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.