Beans 'n' Franks Chowder
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
The Scandinavian and German heritages of the Midwest may each lay claim to this, but on a chilly night when you want something hearty in a jiffy ... all you really need to know is "thick, rich, and tasty" says it all! This'll warm your tummy, all right.
What You'll Need:
- 2 (16 ounce each) cans baked beans, divided
- 4 hot dogs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes, broken up, undrained
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
teaspoon hot pepper sauce
What To Do:
- Set aside 1 cup of baked beans.
- In a large bowl, mash remaining beans or puree in a blender; set aside.
- In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, saute hot dog pieces and onion in butter 3 to 5 minutes, or until lightly browned. Add undrained tomatoes, brown sugar, and hot pepper sauce. Simmer 10 minutes.
- Add 1 cup reserved beans and pureed beans; cook slowly 10 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soup is piping hot.
This is easy and so thick - just great for dipping with crusty bread or toasted hot dog buns!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
08 15 13