Beef Stew Weekend
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
In the Midwest, it's almost a rule to serve this regularly ('cause nothing warms us like beef stew at the end of a long, cold day). This recipe is great for doubling, too, since it's even better when it's rewarmed.
What You'll Need:
- 1 1/2 pounds lean beef chuck, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (28-ounce) can plum tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 1 large baking potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch chunks
- 2/3 cup mild picante sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 large green bell pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 large zucchini, sliced into 1-inch-thick rounds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place meat on rack of a broiler pan and broil 4 inches from heat until lightly browned, turning once.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook 3 minutes. Add browned meat, tomatoes, potato, picante sauce, basil, oregano, and salt. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to low.
- Cover and simmer until meat is tender, about 1 hour.
- Stir in green pepper and zucchini. Continue to simmer until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 10 to 15 more minutes.
- Ladle into bowls, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and serve.
Serve with additional picante sauce, if desired.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Okay, so you won't find any lettuce in this BLT Macaroni Salad, but we have put in extra-green and flavorful baby spinach. We think it gives this macaroni salad recipe a tasty new twist! Serve it to your gang and see how much they'll love it!