Beef and Groundnut Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 30 Min
At Kwanzaa, this is a traditional recipe that's included in the 7-day African-American and Pan-African celebration of family, community and culture.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium-sized onions, chopped
- 2 cups water
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
What To Do:
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add beef and onions, stirring until beef is browned. Add water, tomatoes, green chilies, ground red pepper, and salt, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and cook 1-1/2 hours, or until beef is tender.
- In a small bowl, combine peanut butter with 1 cup of the stew juices, slowly stirring in the juices. Stir the mixture into the stew then simmer 2 minutes, or until heated through.
I recommend serving this over a bed of hot cooked rice to enjoy every last bit of its rich sauce.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!