Creamy Oven Baked Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since the proof of the pudding is in the eating, everybody loves this creamy stew made with a secret ingredient...tapioca!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 carrots, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cook tapioca
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray, combine beef, potatoes, carrots, and onion; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour tomato juice mixture over beef and vegetables. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
This is the perfect dish for when you want to prepare ahead of time. Just put it together, cover, and chill. Begin to bake 2-1/2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Whip up our easy Icebox Salad the next time you've got company coming over and get ready to take in all the "oohs" and "aahs." This make-ahead, layered salad is both pretty and delicious. It's the all-American, hearty salad that everyone grew up eating, but in a party-size form!