Creamy Oven Baked Beef Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Since the proof of the pudding is in the eating, everybody loves this creamy stew made with a secret ingredient...tapioca!
What You'll Need:
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed
- 4 potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 6 carrots, cut into ½-inch chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cups tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons quick-cook tapioca
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a 9- x 13-inch baking dish that has been coated with cooking spray, combine beef, potatoes, carrots, and onion; mix well. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients; mix well.
- Pour tomato juice mixture over beef and vegetables. Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake 2 to 2-1/4 hours, or until beef and vegetables are tender.
This is the perfect dish for when you want to prepare ahead of time. Just put it together, cover, and chill. Begin to bake 2-1/2 hours before serving.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Y'know those over-the-top burgers that you can find at popular restaurants? Well, we created our version of one that's inspired by some real-down home flavors. Our Honky Tonk Burgers are loaded with bacon, cheese, barbecue sauce, onion rings, and more. Now that's what we call a burger!