- COOK TIME
- 25 Min
- READY IN
- 25 Min
Whether you've had a hectic day on the farm or at another job, you're in for a hearty meal at sunset with this stew.
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 to 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 onions, chopped
- 8 garlic cloves, coarsely chopped, divided
- 6 plum tomatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 3 zucchini, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
cup chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 1/2
teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans whole potatoes, drained
- Peel of 1 lemon, finely grated
What To Do:
In a 6-quart soup pot over high heat, heat olive oil . Add chicken, onions, and 6 chopped garlic cloves. Cook 8 to 10 minutes, or until chicken is browned on all sides, stirring frequently.
Reduce heat to medium and add tomatoes, zucchini, red peppers, 1/4 cup parsley, the basil, oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cover and cook 10 minutes, then add potatoes, lemon, remaining garlic cloves and remaining parsley. Stir until thoroughly mixed, then cover and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until potatoes are warmed through. Serve immediately.
Want even more tasty soups and stews? Check out our free eCookbook, Comfort Food for the Soul: 40 of Our Best Stews and Easy Soup Recipes!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This twist on a classic gyro will have your taste buds dancing after just one bite. Our Greek Fish Pitas only takes 10 minutes and is an easy fish recipe that is perfect for dinner any night of the week!