Smoked Sausage Gumbo
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We decided to make this classic New Orleans-style dish the old fashioned way and we just know you're gonna love this hot and steamy gumbo. It's like a Mardi Gras parade of flavor in your mouth!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (14-1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaf
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound smoked sausage (like kielbasa), cut into 1/2-inch slices
- Grits, prepared according to package directions for 6 servings, warmed
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil; add flour and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until roux is a golden caramel color, stirring constantly.
- Add the green pepper, celery, and onion and cook 4 to 5 minutes, or until tender, stirring occasionally. Add remaining ingredients except grits, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook 25 to 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve over grits.
Get in the swing of things by cooking up some of our easy Mardi Gras recipes!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?