South of the Border Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If its time to add a little excitement to your dinner table, print this recipe right now. This Mexican-inspired stew is packed with flavor, protein and a zip sure to take the boredom out of your dinner routine.
What You'll Need:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 pounds boneless beef round or chuck steak, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (8-3/4-ounces) can whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 tablespoons corn starch
- 3 tablespoons water
What To Do:
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat until hot; add the beef and brown evenly. Drain off the liquid, add the salt, salsa, and broth, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 1-1/4 hours, or until the beef is tender.
- Add the zucchini, beans, and corn; cook for 15 to 20 minutes. Dissolve the cornstarch in the water and add to the stew. Cook for 1 minute, or until thickened, stirring constantly.
For the complete south-of-the-border experience, serve this with bowls of toppers including chopped tomatoes, shredded cheese, and sour cream.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We all could use some last-minute ideas during the holidays, especially when we're entertaining company. Our Pumpkin Pie Shooters whip up in just 5 minutes and taste like the creamiest pumpkin pie...in the form of a milkshake! A little whipped cream and a dusting of nutmeg make these really impressive!