Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Company-fancy personal portions of our Apple Glazed Cornish Game Hens that boast a tart glaze, are sure to bring you loads of compliments.
What You'll Need:
- 4 Cornish game hens, thawed
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 (12-ounce) container frozen, unsweetened apple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 lemon slices
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse hens under cold water and pat dry. Sprinkle each hen with salt and pepper. Place hens on a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup apple juice concentrate with 3 tablespoons water then pour mixture over hens. Bake uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, whisk together remaining apple juice concentrate, cornstarch and cinnamon over medium heat; mix well. Add 4 lemon slices and continue cooking until thickened. Remove from heat and brush sauce over hens.
- Return hens to oven and bake an additional 15 minutes, or until golden outside, no pink remains and juices run clear, and hens have reached an internal temperature of 180 degrees F.
Sprinkle with a few sliced toasted almonds.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
This pot roast recipe was shared with us by a grandma who loves ballroom dancing! Whenever she made this comforting meal for dinner, the whole family would rush to the table. Plus, Grandma Lois' Pot Roast is made in one pot, so you know it's going to be easy. That leaves a lot more time for dancing!