Champagne Roasted Turkey
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Fancy up that holiday bird by bathing it in champagne. It's a simple but fancy way out of the "plain old roasted turkey" rut!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (7-pound) bone-in turkey breast
- 1/2 pound red seedless grapes, stemmed and cut in half (about 1-1/2 cups), divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (750-ml) bottle champagne (see Options)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Place turkey in pan and spoon 1 cup grape halves into neck cavity. Season turkey all over with salt and pepper. Pour champagne into pan around turkey.
- Roast turkey for 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 hours, or until no pink remains and juices run clear, basting every 30 minutes with pan juices. If turkey begins to get too browned, cover loosely with aluminum foil.
- In a medium saucepan, combine chicken broth, cornstarch, and pan drippings with fat removed; bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring constantly until thickened. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup grape halves and cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until heated through.
- Carve turkey and serve with champagne-grape sauce.
If you'd rather, you can use nonalcoholic sparkling grape or apple juice, or even apple cider, instead of champagne. It all works to make this a winning change-of-pace roasted turkey your gang will love!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!