Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cornish hens don't have to just be for fancy occasions; you can cook 'em up anytime during the week, too! When you have an easy 30-minute dinner recipe like this one for Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens, you'll be happy to work it into your weekly menu. The pop of citrus flavor really complements the savory meat well.
What You'll Need:
- 2 Cornish hens, each cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup with syrup reserved
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- Season the Cornish hens with the sugar and ground red pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the Cornish hens to the skillet breast side down and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the hens over and add the reserved fruit cocktail syrup and chicken broth. Cover and cook 18 minutes.
- Uncover and add the fruit cocktail, marmalade, and cornstarch; mix well. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and no pink remains in the hens.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.