Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Cornish hens don't have to just be for fancy occasions; you can cook 'em up anytime during the week, too! When you have an easy 30-minute dinner recipe like this one for Citrus-Glazed Cornish Hens, you'll be happy to work it into your weekly menu. The pop of citrus flavor really complements the savory meat well.
What You'll Need:
- 2 Cornish hens, each cut in half
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (15-1/4-ounce) can fruit cocktail in heavy syrup with syrup reserved
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed chicken broth
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
What To Do:
- Season the Cornish hens with the sugar and ground red pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the Cornish hens to the skillet breast side down and brown for 4 to 5 minutes. Turn the hens over and add the reserved fruit cocktail syrup and chicken broth. Cover and cook 18 minutes.
- Uncover and add the fruit cocktail, marmalade, and cornstarch; mix well. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened and no pink remains in the hens.