- COOK TIME
- 47 Min
- READY IN
- 47 Min
What You'll Need:
- Vegetable oil (enough for frying)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 thawed turkey (maximum 14 pounds)
What To Do:
- Fill turkey fryer pot with oil to the oil line. Bring oil to 400 degrees F. (See Notes)
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over turkey, coating evenly.
- Place turkey horizontally, breast up, in basket. Wearing a long barbecue mitt, slowly lower the basket with the turkey into the oil. Cook 3 minutes per pound then add 5 minutes to the total cooking time. (Example: A 14-pound turkey should cook 47 minutes.) Turkey may float before cooking time is complete, but continue cooking for total amount of calculated time.
- When turkey is done, turn off the appliance. Slowly and carefully remove the basket, attaching hook to basket handle. Allow the turkey to drain and cool.
Please follow manufacturer's instructions for your particular model of turkey fryer. Do not move fryer until oil has cooled.
Make your Thanksgiving dinner complete with a side dish potato recipe like our Sweet Potato Casserole.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
11 01 11