We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Crisp on the outside and juicy on the inside -- thats how to describe a deep-fried turkey. Once you try it, you may never go back to traditional oven-roasted turkey! And this indoor option has safety in mind, as well as taste.
What You'll Need:
- Vegetable oil (enough for frying)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 thawed turkey (maximum 14 pounds)
What To Do:
- Fill turkey fryer pot with oil to the oil line. Bring oil to 400 degrees F. (See Notes)
- In a small bowl, combine onion powder, paprika, salt, and pepper. Rub mixture over turkey, coating evenly.
- Place turkey horizontally, breast up, in basket. Wearing a long barbecue mitt, slowly lower the basket with the turkey into the oil. Cook 3 minutes per pound then add 5 minutes to the total cooking time. (Example: A 14-pound turkey should cook 47 minutes.) Turkey may float before cooking time is complete, but continue cooking for total amount of calculated time.
- When turkey is done, turn off the appliance. Slowly and carefully remove the basket, attaching hook to basket handle. Allow the turkey to drain and cool.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a pasta dish that doesn't need a beacon to attract attention. Our Lighthouse Tortellini Salad is fresh, easy, and perfect for warm weather picnics by the sea (or lake!). We just love how all the ingredients come together to make it taste so creamy and flavorful.