German Style Stuffed Veal Cutlets
Shh! Listen! No, really...Do you hear the beat of an Oom-pah-pah band? Or is that your family banging on the table 'cause they want more?!
What You'll Need:
1 cup one-step stuffing mix
cup beef broth (ready to use)
to 1½ pounds (6 to 8) veal cutlets, pounded to 1/8-inch thickness
1 package (8 ounces) cooked breakfast sausage links, divided (about 10 links per package)
1 can (10½ ounces) mushroom gravy
1 medium-sized tomato, cut into quarters
1 small onion, cut into quarters
What To Do:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F.
- In a small bowl, combine the stuffing mix, egg, and beef broth.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the stuffing mixture on each piece of veal. Place a sausage link over the stuffing mixture, then roll up the veal and secure each cutlet with a toothpick.
- Place the veal rolls in an 7" x 11" baking pan that has been coated with nonstick vegetable spray, then sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the gravy, tomato, onion, and remaining sausage links and blend on high speed until fairly smooth. Pour over the veal rolls. Bake, uncovered, for 40 to 45 minutes, or until the veal is cooked through. Remove the toothpicks before serving.
These sure are great for company or for a special family dinner!
01 24 13