Italian Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 1 Hr 20 Min
Ladle out the goodness into soup bowls and listen for all the cries of, "Bene! Bene!" (Italian for, "It's good! It's really good!")
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices, undrained
- 2 pounds potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the veal and brown for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 11/2 hours, or until the veal is fork-tender.