Italian Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ladle out the goodness into soup bowls and listen for all the cries of, "Bene! Bene!" (Italian for, "It's good! It's really good!")
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices, undrained
- 2 pounds potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the veal and brown for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 11/2 hours, or until the veal is fork-tender.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Create a little Christmas magic of your own with our easy recipe for Christmas Magic Squares. This holiday-festive cookie bar recipe is great for snackin' on all holiday season long, like when you're at a cookie exchange with friends or when you're trimming the tree!