Italian Veal Stew
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Ladle out the goodness into soup bowls and listen for all the cries of, "Bene! Bene!" (Italian for, "It's good! It's really good!")
What You'll Need:
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 pounds veal stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian-style tomatoes, cut into ½-inch slices, undrained
- 2 pounds potatoes cut into large chunks
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a 6-quart soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the veal and brown for 5 to 8 minutes. Add the onion, celery, and garlic and sauté 3 to 5 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender, stirring frequently. Stir in the remaining ingredients and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 1 to 11/2 hours, or until the veal is fork-tender.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Here's a cake you can share with EVERYONE (really!). Since this tropical-tasting cake is made in a baking sheet, you can bet there's enough to go around. And, 'cause both the frosting and the cake are made from scratch, they're sure to say, "Wow, that's a Crazy Good Pineapple Sheet Cake!"