- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 10 Min
- READY IN
- 2 Hr 10 Min
This is one of the tastiest Osso Buco recipes around! After all, what's better than tender veal teamed with potatoes and veggies in a flavor-packed sauce?
What You'll Need:
cup all-purpose flour
teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks, cut 2 inches thick (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the veal with the flour mixture.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the shanks, about 5 minutes per side. Add the onion soup, potatoes, carrots, tomato, wine, 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice, parsley, and garlic powder; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water and stir into the pot until the sauce has thickened.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you've got a hankering for breakfast for dinner, then our Egg Foo Yung is right up your alley. Of course you can make it for dinner, but if you're looking to switch up your ordinary breakfast routine, then this is the dish for you!