We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 2 Hr 10 Min
This is one of the tastiest Osso Buco recipes around! After all, what's better than tender veal teamed with potatoes and veggies in a flavor-packed sauce?
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 veal shanks, cut 2 inches thick (see Tip)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 (10-3/4-ounce) can condensed onion soup
- 4 red potatoes, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 pound baby carrots
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons water, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
What To Do:
- In a shallow dish, combine the flour and pepper. Coat the veal with the flour mixture.
- In a soup pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat and brown the shanks, about 5 minutes per side. Add the onion soup, potatoes, carrots, tomato, wine, 1/2 cup water, the lemon juice, parsley, and garlic powder; reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 2 hours or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch and remaining 2 tablespoons water and stir into the pot until the sauce has thickened.
- When buying the veal shanks, have the butcher cut them 2 inches thick for you.
- For easy Italian recipes you will make again and again, we've compiled this collection of 35 No-Fail Italian Favorites, Plus 7 Classic Sauces you can make at home!