Special Veal Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some people insist on frying in vegetable oil while others prefer butter. We use a little of both in this recipe. You'll notice the difference when you taste this veal parmigiana recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 pound veal cutlets, pounded to -inch thickness
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each veal cutlet in egg mixture then in bread crumbs, coating completely; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add veal in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter and oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels then place on coated baking sheet in a single layer. Spread spaghetti sauce evenly over veal then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
To make Chicken Parmigiana, substitute boneless, skinless chicken cutlets for the veal.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.