Special Veal Parmigiana
Some people insist on frying in vegetable oil while others prefer butter. We use a little of both in this recipe. You'll notice the difference when you taste this veal parmigiana recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2
cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 pound veal cutlets, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
cup (1 stick) butter, divided
cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2
cups spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each veal cutlet in egg mixture then in bread crumbs, coating completely; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add veal in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter and oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels then place on coated baking sheet in a single layer. Spread spaghetti sauce evenly over veal then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
To make Chicken Parmigiana, substitute boneless, skinless chicken cutlets for the veal.
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES