Special Veal Parmigiana
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Some people insist on frying in vegetable oil while others prefer butter. We use a little of both in this recipe. You'll notice the difference when you taste this veal parmigiana recipe!
What You'll Need:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Italian-flavored bread crumbs
- 1 pound veal cutlets, pounded to -inch thickness
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, divided
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 cups spaghetti sauce, warmed
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a shallow dish, beat together the eggs, salt, and pepper. Place bread crumbs in another shallow dish. Dip each veal cutlet in egg mixture then in bread crumbs, coating completely; set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter with 2 tablespoons oil over medium heat. Add veal in batches and cook 1 to 2 minutes per side, or until golden, adding more butter and oil as needed.
- Drain on paper towels then place on coated baking sheet in a single layer. Spread spaghetti sauce evenly over veal then sprinkle with cheese. Bake 3 to 4 minutes, or until heated through and cheese is melted.
To make Chicken Parmigiana, substitute boneless, skinless chicken cutlets for the veal.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.