We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Mama mia- this tastes just like what Mama used to make! It's so easy, you can even use skinned and boned chicken breast halves instead of veal, if you'd like!
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound veal cutlets
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup butter, melted and divided
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce with roasted garlic
- 1 (8-ounce) package sliced mozzarella cheese
- Grated Parmesan cheese
What To Do:
- Place veal between 2 sheets of heavy- duty plastic wrap, and flatten to 1/8-inch thickness, using a meat mallet or rolling pin. Sprinkle with salt and pepper, and dredge in flour.
- Brown half of veal in 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium- high heat 3 minutes on each side. Remove veal, reserving drippings in skillet. Place veal in a lightly greased 9 x 13-inch broiler-proof baking dish. Repeat procedure with remaining veal and 2 tablespoons butter, reserving drippings in skillet. Add tomato sauce to drippings in skillet; stir well. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Meanwhile, place cheese slices on ,veal, and preheat the broiler. Broil veal 5-1/2-inches from heat 1 minute or until cheese melts. Spoon sauce over veal, and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We gave a family-favorite a tasty and modern makeover by adding a crispy, potato tot topping that's so good everyone will want to dig in right away! They'll be surprised to find such a tasty, gooey, cheesy, and meaty filling in this amazing Potato Tot Enchilada Casserole.