Veal alla Patty
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
I had to name this scrumptious dish after our test kitchen veteran Patty. This dish was her idea, and if anybody knows how to put a quick meal together, plus make it extra-special, Patty sure does. Don't pass up this one.
What You'll Need:
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 pound veal cutlets, pounded to ¼-inch thickness
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichokes, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 1/3 cup dry vermouth or white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- Place the flour and the egg in separate shallow dishes. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Coat the veal in the flour then in the egg, coating completely. Cook the veal for 2 to 3 minutes per side, or until golden. Stir in the artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, vermouth, and lemon juice. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened. Serve immediately.
Patty suggests starting this meal with a salad of mixed baby greens (you can buy it ready-made) topped with slices of plum tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese. Ooh la la!