Acorn Squash Toss
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 7 Min
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 22 Min
Always a favorite, Acorn Squash is flavorful, colorful, and healthy. We can't go wrong!
What You'll Need:
- 1 acorn squash (about 1-1/2 pounds) (see note)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, toasted
What To Do:
- Cut squash in half, and remove seeds. Cut squash into 1-inch pieces.
- Arrange squash in a steamer basket over boiling water. Cover and steam 10 to 12 minutes or to desired tenderness. Set aside.
- Heat butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until melted; add garlic. Cook, stirring constantly, until garlic begins to brown. Add squash, soy sauce, and salt, tossing gently. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Leaving the skin on the acorn squash not only adds to the flavor and fiber of this dish but also makes preparation a snap! The skin tenderizes as the squash cooks, and it's yummy eaten right along with the tender flesh.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.