We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
We've got the South to thank for this simple and wonderful veggie side dish. Loaded with sweet shoepeg corn and buttery lima beans, our Anytime Succotash is just as good served with your chicken dinner, as it is served on a special occasion.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen lima beans
- 1 (12-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons bacon bits
What To Do:
- Cook lima beans according to package directions; drain and set aside.
- Pulse corn in a food processor 8 to 10 times, or until coarsely chopped.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt butter; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in sugar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth. Add corn and cook 12 to 15 minutes, or until corn is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring often. Stir in lima beans. Garnish with bacon and serve immediately.
For savory creamed corn, simply follow the recipe above, omitting the lima beans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
We pan fry our cauliflower in a seasoned mixture of breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese to give it a rich and nutty taste that makes this veggie irresistible. Serve your family our Parmesan Crusted Cauliflower, and you'll be surprised at how fast they'll eat eat it up!