We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- 10 Min
- COOK TIME
- 20 Min
- READY IN
- 30 Min
Ever wonder what succotash really is? Well, it's a combination of corn and lima beans and makes a wonderful side dish! That's why we think you should try out our recipe for Anytime Succotash. Whether you're looking for a bowl of veggies to lay out for a party or you need a side for your chicken dinner, this vegetable recipe is versatile for all occasions!
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen petite lima beans
- 1 (16-ounce) package frozen white shoepeg corn
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 1/4 cups milk
What To Do:
- Cook lima beans according to package directions; drain.
- Process corn in a food processor 8 to 10 times or until coarsely chopped.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat; add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly; stir in sugar, salt, and seasoned pepper. Gradually add milk, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in corn, and cook 12 to 15 minutes or until corn is tender and mixture is thickened, stirring often. Stir in drained lima beans. Garnish, if desired, with cooked and crumbled bacon, and serve immediately.
For savory creamed corn, simply follow the recipe above, omitting the lima beans.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.