Asparagus with Hollandaise Sauce
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Asparagus is a classic go-along! Our easy recipe for asparagus with traditional hollandaise sauce will make all your entertaining memorable.
What You'll Need:
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
What To Do:
- Place asparagus in a microwave-safe 7- x 11-inch baking dish, with tips toward center of dish. Add water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Cover and cook at 90% power for 5 minutes; remove dish from microwave and set aside.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat butter at 90% power for 40 seconds, or until melted.
- Meanwhile, in another small microwave-safe bowl, beat egg yolks, lemon juice, and remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt until thick. Slowly pour in melted butter, whisking until well combined. Microwave uncovered at 40% power for 30 seconds, stirring halfway through cooking time.
- Uncover asparagus and drain; drizzle with Hollandaise sauce and serve immediately.
To make this dish even more colorful, we like to use both green and white asparagus. Talk about an elegant conversation starter!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
If you like your ribs extra-meaty, then you're going to love these flavorful, Saucy Country-Style Ribs. Country-style ribs are more like a pork chop than a rib, making them meatier and less fatty. Now the question is, will you eat these with a fork or your fingers?