We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
If you love potato pancakes, then this change of pace veggie version made with broccoli is sure to be a novel addition to your entertaining. These are so good, you might even win over some new veggie fans.
What You'll Need:
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup pancake or biscuit baking mix
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Vegetable oil for frying
What To Do:
- Combine pancake mix, egg, and salt in a large bowl; mix well. Mix in broccoli. Heat 1 to 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet.
- Drop mixture by spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons per pancake) into hot oil, being careful not to crowd pan. Cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil to the pan if necessary. Serve warm or cold.
If using fresh broccoli, boil or steam 1-1/2 cups chopped broccoli for 3 to 5 minutes just until crisp-tender. Plunge it immediately into a bowl of cold water to keep it crisp. Drain in a strainer, pressing out excess water with the back of a spoon.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
- Fried Cabbage
- Creamed Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Amish Broccoli Bake
- Buttery Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Homemade Microwave Pickles
- Aunt Nellie's Cabbage Fritters