Butter Glazed Carrots
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
When you serve up our Butter Glazed Carrots, everyone will ask you where you found carrots so tender and sweet. If they only knew the answer!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 cup ( stick) butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 4 (14 -ounce) cans sliced carrots, drained
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, vinegar, and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vinegar mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add carrots to saucepan, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- For the best flavor, after cooking the carrots, allow them to cool, then chill overnight. This allows the carrots to marinate and really absorb the other flavors. When ready to serve, just reheat.
- If you'd like to use fresh carrots, you'll need around 3 - 4 pounds. And remember, you'll need to slice and blanch them before marinating. Want to know more about blanching? Click here for our helpful how-to video!
If you loved this easy carrot recipe, be sure to check out our collection of Easy Carrot Recipes: 12 Baby Carrot Recipes, Cooked Carrot Recipes & More.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Our recipe for Ultimate Fudgy Brownies is going to make you forget about any other recipe for brownies you've ever tasted...they're that good. You may just want to pour yourself another glass of milk, 'cause these homemade brownies are full of decadent, chocolatey flavor.
- Creamed Cabbage
- Grandma Irma's Red Cabbage
- Grandma Bell's Onion Tart
- Lucky Cabbage and Noodles
- Fried Cabbage
- Easy Eggplant Recipes: 18 Simple Recipes with Eggplant
- Buttery Cabbage
- Refrigerator Cucumber Pickles
- Incredibly Easy Broccoli Recipes: 28 Broccoli Casserole Recipes, Side Dishes, and More
- Baked Stuffed Peppers