Butter Glazed Carrots
- COOK TIME
- 15 Min
- READY IN
- 15 Min
When you serve up our Butter Glazed Carrots, everyone will ask you where you found carrots so tender and sweet. If they only knew the answer!
What You'll Need:
cup white vinegar
cup (½ stick) butter
4 (14 ½-ounce) cans sliced carrots, drained
What To Do:
- In a medium saucepan, bring sugar, vinegar, and butter to a boil over medium heat.
- In a small bowl, combine water and cornstarch, stirring until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Add cornstarch mixture to vinegar mixture, stirring until thickened.
- Add carrots to saucepan, cover, and cook 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through.
- For the best flavor, after cooking the carrots, allow them to cool, then chill overnight. This allows the carrots to marinate and really absorb the other flavors. When ready to serve, just reheat.
- If you'd like to use fresh carrots, you'll need around 3 - 4 pounds. And remember, you'll need to slice and blanch them before marinating. Want to know more about blanching? Click here for our helpful how-to video!
YOUR RECENTLY VIEWED RECIPES
10 06 11