Candied Bacon Spinach
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Trendy candied bacon turns an ordinary wilted spinach salad into a treat for the taste buds. Our Candied Bacon Spinach will make an everyday meal taste restaurant-special.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 slices thick-cut or regular sliced bacon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (9-ounce) package fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Place brown sugar in a shallow dish. Press bacon into sugar, coating both sides evenly. Place on baking sheet and bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until bacon is crisp. Let cool 10 minutes then coarsely chop.
- In a large skillet or soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add spinach, garlic, salt, and pepper, and cook 30 to 45 seconds, stirring constantly until it just begins to wilt.
- Remove skillet from heat and toss spinach mixture with bacon, feta cheese, and pine nuts. Serve immediately.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
In keeping up with Mardi Gras tradition we came up with this recipe for Mardi Gras King Cake that's so good it's guaranteed to keep the party going and going and going. Our king cake recipe features classic cinnamon flavor and a sugary glaze in traditional colors!