Corn, Okra and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why buy a frozen vegetable medley when you can make this easy and colorful one yourself? Fresh tomatoes really add something special to the corn and okra combination.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
For really fresh flavor, in place of frozen corn, use fresh corn cut from about 3 cobs.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
You've had chicken coated in breadcrumbs and covered in crunchy potato chips, but have you ever tried using your favorite frozen potato tots? Now you can! Our recipe for Cheesy Potato Tot Chicken is a total game-changer. Just a few simple ingredients and you're off to making your family's new-favorite chicken dinner.