Corn, Okra and Tomatoes
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Why buy a frozen vegetable medley when you can make this easy and colorful one yourself? Fresh tomatoes really add something special to the corn and okra combination.
What You'll Need:
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen corn
- 2 cups frozen cut okra
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat. Add the bell pepper, onion, and garlic, and saute for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes then reduce the heat to low and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Add the remaining ingredients and continue cooking for 5 to 7 minutes, or until heated through. Serve immediately.
For really fresh flavor, in place of frozen corn, use fresh corn cut from about 3 cobs.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Ever heard of a "pizookie" before? It's basically a big pizza-shaped cookie, and if you think that sounds good, then you're gonna LOVE our stuffed version! Our Candy Bar Pizookie features your favorite candy bars, and a chocolaty, nutty topping that just really puts this cookie over the top!