Corn Stuffed Squash
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
Corn Stuffed Squash is fancy enough for a holiday dinner, but easy enough for a weekday family meal.
What You'll Need:
- Cooking spray
- 2 acorn squash (about 4 pounds)
- 2 (11-ounce) cans Mexican-style corn, drained
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
What To Do:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a 7- x 11-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cut acorn squash in half lengthwise; remove seeds and place cut-side down in prepared baking dish. Bake 50 to 60 minutes, or until tender.
- In a small bowl, combine corn, egg white, 3 tablespoons bread crumbs, the salt, and pepper.
- Remove squash from oven and carefully turn it over. Place half the bread crumb mixture into each squash half. Sprinkle evenly with remaining 1 tablespoon bread crumbs, then spray with cooking spray. Return squash to oven and bake 25 to 30 minutes, or until filling is set and tops are golden.
You can serve Corn Stuffed Squash as a side dish or a main dish. For a main dish, half a squash should equal 1 serving. For a side dish, half a squash should be about 2 servings, so you can cut each half of the cooked squash in half.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Shake up your dinner routine with this delicious stuffed chile recipe, better known as Chicken Chile Relleno. These chilies are covered in a crispy, cheesy nacho coating, and stuffed with ooey-gooey cheese and chicken. They're going to love this Tex-Mex dish so much, they might just break out the maracas!