Cream of Leek Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
This restaurant-worthy recipe for easy cream of leek soup will make you feel like a pro in the kitchen. No need to run up a pricey tab when this easy to make soup can be on our table in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 bunches leeks, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour, blending until smooth; set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the broth, leeks, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Stir in the butter mixture until the soup is thickened; simmer for 5 minutes then slowly stir in the heavy cream, mixing well. Add the cheese, mixing until melted. Serve.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Apple cobbler is one of those inviting desserts that always makes people feel warm and welcome. In our recipe for Apple Cookie Cobbler, we use tart apples that are tossed with cinnamon sugar before they're baked and finished with a crumbly cookie topping. The results are to-die-for, especially if you top each serving with a scoop of ice cream!