Cream of Leek Soup
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
- COOK TIME
- 30 Min
This restaurant-worthy recipe for easy cream of leek soup will make you feel like a pro in the kitchen. No need to run up a pricey tab when this easy to make soup can be on our table in no time!
What You'll Need:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cans (14 ounces each) ready-to-use chicken broth
- 2 bunches leeks, cleaned, trimmed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 1/4 cups (5 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
What To Do:
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and flour, blending until smooth; set aside.
- In a soup pot, combine the broth, leeks, and pepper; bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, or until the leeks are tender.
- Stir in the butter mixture until the soup is thickened; simmer for 5 minutes then slowly stir in the heavy cream, mixing well. Add the cheese, mixing until melted. Serve.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
The next time you make a sandwich, a hamburger, or any other meal that involves slices of bread, try it on Cloud Bread. Cloud Bread is a totally gluten-free, low-carb, low-calorie, and low-fat bread alternative. It's a healthier choice that looks like a fluffy cloud and tastes so good!