Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings
We are adding the recipe to your Recipe Box.
This was added to your Recipe Box.
The double breading on these onion rings makes them super crispy and delicious. You won't believe how fast our Crispy Crunchy Onion Rings disappear. They're great for munching on or serving alongside your favorite main dishes.
What You'll Need:
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Panko bread crumbs
- 1 large onion, cut into 1/2-inch slices and separated into rings
What To Do:
- In a soup pot over medium heat, heat oil until hot but not smoking.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and cayenne pepper. Whisk in buttermilk and egg. Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Dip onion rings into batter, then into bread crumbs, until evenly coated on all sides.
- Place coated onion rings in hot oil and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until golden brown, turning once. Remove to a paper towel-lined platter. Repeat with remaining onion slices. Serve immediately.
If desired, sprinkle with salt before serving.
- Serve these with your favorite dipping sauce. Here's our yummy recipe for Ranch Dressing!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
LATEST TV RECIPE & VIDEO
Do you love bacon? How about cheese? If you nodded enthusiastically to either of those, then you're about to experience something wonderful...a Bacon and Cheese Lover's Pie. It's a quiche-style dish that's absolutely loaded with cheese, bacon, and some chopped spinach. You'll be smiling from your first forkful to your last.